Friday, April 25, 2014

A Brother's Love

My feet still trod this darkened path
In vines and chords entangled
Through thickened air the demons laugh
My plight, my pain, my sadness
These are my friends tonight 

In gloomy night I stand alone
Surrounded by my family
With trembling heart I see the bones
Of those who found no pardon
How could the stories long ago
Say this was once a garden? 

I touch a tree with sides still wet
Look at my hand now dripping red
These drops of blood are not my own
Yet I can find no flesh or bones
A bloody trail leads down a path
My heart drops to my stomach

Though fear excels, yet I press on
The wind blows gently forward
Into a cave it leads me down
Shows me the nails and thorny crown
Shows me a man with man’s blood stained
The marks of one who just was slain

Through pain-struck tears and smiling gaze
He proudly calls me brother
I look at him, “Can this be true?
We do not share a mother”
He holds my hand to lead me out
“I’ll take you to our Father's house

I made this world; I hold it up
This place was once a garden
The son of man became corrupt
His sons have found no pardon
I came into the world I made
To finish what I started

Now I am making all things new
The demons laughed, but if they knew
My plight, my pain, my sadness
Now comfort you tonight
Through tear-filled eyes I ask him “Why?”
He says “Because I love you.”



No comments:

Post a Comment